"To improve Your Quality of Life by Optimizing Your Physical Performance"
- by our commitment to providing excellent customer service
- by our commitment to excellence in Physiotherapy assessment and treatment
- by our commitment to continuing education, and evidence based practice
- by being progressive and building on positive physical results and clinical outcomes
- by collaborating with other health care professionals to optimize your care
- to restore your movement
- to reduce your pain
- to improve your muscle strength, endurance, flexibility
- to improve your joint position sense, balance, coordination, and agility
- to reduce stress and strain on soft tissue and bony structures
- to return you to your sports, activities of everyday living, and work
- to optimize your performance in sports
Physiotherapy services are reimbursed by most extended health insurance plans. Check with your provider for details on your individual coverage.
WHAT IS A PHYSIOTHERAPIST:
As primary health care professionals, Physiotherapists combine in-depth knowledge of how the body works with specialized hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose, and treat symptoms of illness, injury and disability. Physiotherapists have specialized training in the biological and basic sciences (ie.human anatomy, physiology, pathology, immunology, endocrinology, genetics, and pharmacology). Physiotherapists are also educated in the psychosocial sciences, behavioural and cognitive sciences. With this broad health science training, Physiotherapists are well qualified to assess and treat any of your physical health injuries, problems, or diseases, and to play a vital role in health promotion and injury / disease prevention. Physiotherapists are training extensively in biomechanics and can improve your efficiency, speed, power, and technique in sports, and functional activities, therefore improving your performance and reducing your risk of future injury.
Our Physiotherapy assessment may include measures of: joint range of motion, posture, flexibility, strength, endurance, sport specific activities, gait, posture, nerve movement and functioning, body functions, and movement patterning.
PHYSIOTHERAPY TREATMENT :
Our Physiotherapist's treatment plan will involve: education, exercise, and manual therapy components. Depending on your condition this may include: mobilization, manual therapy, therapeutic exercises, and modalities to reduce pain, improve muscle activation, and enhance soft tissue healing.
The progressive treatment plans provided by our Physiotherapists will be based on the principles of evidence / research based practice, and effective clinical reasoning skills. The Physiotherapist will work closely with you to ensure that you meet your health goals of injury recovery, pain reduction, health promotion, or work/ sport reintegration.
Our Registered Physiotherapists use many treatment approaches:
- Mobilization, manipulation, and manual therapy to restore joint movement and reduce pain
- Maitland, Mulligan approaches with mobilization/ manual therapy to improve movement and reduce pain
- McKenzie principles to restore joint movement, minimize pain and reduce nerve irritation
- Muscle energy techniques, soft tissue techniques, and muscle re-education techniques for proper muscle recruitment, patterning of movement, flexibility, strength, and endurance
- Butler approach to improve movement of nerves, and desensitize nerve and related tissues
- Dry needling/ acupuncture
- Proprioceptive and balance retraining
- Postural correction to reduce stress and strain on related joints and soft tissues
- Ergonomic, home, and sports related recommendations
- Taping, recommendations for bracing / splinting of joints that are hypermobile, unstable, or recovering from injury
- Modalities including ultrasound, laser, interferential current, muscle stimulation, TENS
OTHER SERVICES OFFERED:
- Functional Capacity Evaluations - identifies client's functional capabilities and limitations in relation to everyday activities, and work
- Ergonomic Assessments - we will come on site and evaluate your ergonomic set up and provide specific recommendations to improve your work station, so that posture is ideal and stress / strain on tissues is reduced.
- Home Visits - we will provide in home Physiotherapy assessment / treatment for those people who are unable to physically travel to our location